Weather Data provided by OS WRM968 located on my roof

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kitchen corner bench and table

Country Kitchen Bench w/ Table.


Wednesday:

I got a couple of hours in today and was able to cut out the pieces for the Bench ends. Basically I made a template out of 1/2 inch MDF to form the backs, it also worked for the front legs since the bottoms are the same. I lightly nailed the form instead of using double stick tape since the finish is a painted product.





Once the template is attached I roughed out the workpiece on the bandsaw leaving about 1/8" from the template.









From the bandsaw to the router table....
I used a 3/4 x 1 1/2 flush trim bit to clean up the workpiece guiding the bearing on the template.









Once that was done I cut the rest of the stock for the ends.
and now I am ready to start the joinery in the morning. It should be an interesting day since I will have my three nephews staying at the house. We are all going camping tomorrow so they will be excited...



More to follow............



Thursday:


Well, like I said, a waste of another day. I spent a few minuets and cut out the mortises for the sides but that was about all I could do with four boys running around......

I made the mortises on the router table....



More to follow.........

No comments: